Integrating IEC 60601 Safety & EMC into the design process
IEC 60601, Medical Electrical Equipment, Basic Safety & Essential Performance
Why choose OBCM for your professional training needs
- Convenient public location, in 2020, near Boston
- 3.5 day in-depth Safety training -- details
- 1.5 day in-depth EMC training -- details
- Work group exercises throughout
- Each instructor has over 35 years experience
- Each instructor participates on committees drafting IEC 60601 requirements
- Training material updated with amendment 2 for the general IEC 60601-1 standard, and the corresponding amendments for all the collaterals, including amendment 1 for IEC 60601-1-2 for EMC. The risk management module updated with new edition and TR.
- Over 1,500 design & quality engineers trained
- Firm founded in 2004
- Take advantage of early discounts, Register Now below
We'll have hand sanitizers and wipes available. The hotel will be disinfecting in accordance with covid19 guidance.
We've booked an extra large conference room, to allow for 6 ft social distancing. CLASS SIZE IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO 16 PERSONS (17 with instructor). The conference room is 20 ft x 50 ft = 1000 ft2. Ceiling height is 10 ft. The room is normally intended for 60 persons classroom layout, and 30 u-shaped. There are 3 double doors for entering and exiting. Breaks will be in a large open lobby. Lunch will be in a large, raised ceiling dining area.
October training event dates
We've chosen our 5 - 9 October training dates to conservatively be consistent with when we expect business travel to widely resume.
To encourage registrations, you will receive a full refund should you cancel anytime before 25 Sep 2020 (we commit to meals from this date). Past Boston/Lowell seminars have filled to our normal 24 person maximum 2 weeks before. Early registration will guarantee you a seat with full refund protection. Travel arrangement expenses are at your own risk.
Training Events for 2020
Boston/Lowell, 5 - 9 Oct 2020
1.5 days; 5 Oct, 8:15 am through 6 Oct, 12 pm
Regular price 1,095 USD
Early bird price until 24 Aug, 1,095 USD (-20%), and multiple participant discount (-10%)
3.5 days; 6 Oct, 1 pm through 9 Oct, 4:30 pm
Regular price 1,925 USD
Early bird price until 24 Aug, 1,540 USD (-20%), and multiple participant discount (-10%)
Hotel hosting event, and suggested for overnight stays
50 Warren St, Lowell, MA 01852
Parking in adjacent garage is 11 USD/day. There are also ample other hotels in the area.
Boston Logan (BOS) or
Manchester, NH (MHT),
same distance to Lowell.
If you're having Paypal dropdown box display difficulties on a 2nd external monitor, move the browser tab to your main display monitor. Older browsers may also have display difficulty. See only Paypal account payment option? Clear cookies, refresh page and try again; should see credit card payment option without needing Paypal account.
To sign up 5 or more participants from same company, use multiple signups, 2 + 3 = 5, 3 + 3 = 6, etc. Use only 2 or more participant transactions to benefit from 10% multiple participant discount.